Have you ever had Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill? Ohhhh boy….those things are seriously addictive. Unfortunately they are deep fried and coated in a mayonnaise based sauce. These delicious little bites of heaven are like a heart attack waiting to happen. A couple of years ago I ran across a recipe for skinny bang bang shrimp and they were so yummy! Then a few days ago I found a recipe that uses them in a pasta! Imagine it, a whole meal based on Bang Bang shrimp! Who could resist? This recipe from Skinny Mom sounded great but I knew I loved the original shrimp recipe from The Cookie Rookie. So I combined the two. I made the Cookie Rookie’s recipe and then tossed it with spaghetti and it was fabulous! I served it cold and we were both in shrimp heaven!
Just make the recipe below and toss it with your favorite cooked pasta.
- 1 lb shrimp (about 50 shrimp), cooked or uncooked. shelled or deveined.
- 10 skewer sticks (optional)
- 3 T chobani plain greek yogurt
- 3 T chopped green onion, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 T sweet chili sauce (I used Franks brand)
- 1/2-3/4 T sriracha sauce
- (If you’re grilling on a grill, be sure to soak wooded skewers a couple minutes in water to avoid burning)
- combine yogurt, onion, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha in a bowl and stir well. set aside. (if you want to make the sauce a bit thicker, do 2 T yogurt and 1 T light mayo)
- place 5 shrimp on each skewerIf shrimp are raw:
- grill on each side for 2-3 minutes, until opaque and cooked throughIf shrimp are pre-cooked:
Place shrimp skewers on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes
Brush each hot skewer liberally with the sauce, on both sides