Tuesday is the hardest day of the week for me when it comes to dinner. I get home at 4:30, I walk the dog, I change clothes, and then I have about an hour before I need to head out the door for Zumba. I don’t get home again until almost 8:00pm. I want to have something cooked for the hubs to eat when he gets home, but, I also need it to be something that will reheat well for myself when I get home. It also has to come together pretty quickly.
Well, you guys, this dish from The Pinning Mama was PERFECT for my crazy Tuesday. It came together in the dish in about 5 minutes. Then throw it in the oven and you’re done. I’m not sure if I have ever made anything easier than this meal. Bonus points for the pesto making the house smell AMAZING. When I got home from Zumba and opened the garage, the delicious smell of pesto billowed out at me. SCORE!
Another great thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to customize. Don’t like artichoke hearts? Replace them with mushrooms! Don’t like tomatoes? Replace them with red bell peppers! Try this one and let me know what you think!
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 6-8 Tbsp prepared pesto
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 6 oz mozzarella or Italian blend cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Place chicken flat in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp pesto on each chicken breast (the more you like pesto the more you use! I just eyeball it!)
- Layer on spinach, artichokes and tomatoes.
- Cover top with cheese.
- Bake on lower middle rack for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooled through and the juices run clear.
- Serve over rice or sauteed spinach.